What a pilot cycle Business Beyond Borders (BBB) had! From February 2017 to November 2018, BBB hosted 10 matchmaking events which helped businesses, particularly Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) and Clusters, to operate internationally with the goal of increasing economic growth within and outside Europe. We are very happy to announce that our matchmaking events across the globe, with one-to-one meetings between European and international companies, resulted in:
- 7751 meetings requests between companies, and 3831 meetings taking place at the venue;
- The participation of 2549 companies representing 111 countries;
- 400+ companies currently negotiating a possible partnership deal;
- 300+ companies with set partnership deals thanks their BBBB matchmaking meetings;
These outcomes are even more remarkable when remembering the wide range of industry sectors, and the geographical scope, targeted by the BBB events:
- GENERA in Spain for the Energy and Environment sector;
- AUW in South Africa for the Power and Water sector;
- TEXWORLD in France for the Textiles and Apparel sector;
- HOST in Italy for the Hospitality and Hotel Industry;
- TRUSTECH in France for the ICT and Digital Services sector;
- FIDAE in Chili for the Aerospace and Defence sector;
- CeBIT in Australia for the Business Technology Systems sector;
- AMB in Iran for the Metal – Cutting Technology sector;
- REI in India for the Renewable Energy sector;
- VISION in Germany for the Machine Vision industry.
We’re sure you’ve been keeping up with all our videos, testimonials, participant interviews and other BBB materials – do you remember our ever-growing BBB digital brochure, with outcomes from each BBB matchmaking sessions published after each event? Well, we are very happy to announce that the final version of that brochure is now available the our BBB website!
Besides detailed statistics per each matchmaking event, each event page also includes remarkable success stories from participating SMEs and Clusters.
Business Beyond Borders would like to sincerely thank all our events participants for their enthusiasm, vision and willingness to expand their business into new market; all our official BBB supporters, local partners, and trade fair organisers for their invaluable support; and to our online and social media community for their interest in our initiative and the topic of internationalisation of business. You’ve all helped turning this pilot cycle into a huge success!
But don’t think our website and social media accounts (Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Youtube) are going anywhere! We will keep using them to bring you the videos of the last two BBB events (RE India and VISION Stuttgart); more interesting funding opportunities for SMEs and Clusters; like-minded matchmaking event opportunities focusing on the sectors targeted by the BBB initiative; success stories from BBB participants; and much more. Be sure to watch our digital spaces!